Unanswered: Can I insert ignore unique into a table?

I' using java executeBatch. Can i iqnore unique key when i insert into the table

Provided Answers: 12
    No, not possible. What's even worse: you can't even find out which record violated the constraint.

executeBatch() is great because it is very fast (especially with the new 10g drivers) but it lacks decent error handling facilities.

The only option you have, is to disable the constraint. Run your Java program. Then try to enable the constraint using the "EXCEPTIONS INTO" option, to identify the offending rows. After deleting those rows, you can enable the constraint.

See the manual for ALTER TABLE for details on the ENABLE CONSTRAINT clause.

Thanks for the reply,
    but i found a way to do that

INSERT INTO clients
    (client_id, client_name, client_type)
    SELECT 10345, 'IBS', 'advertising'
    FROM dual
    WHERE not exists (select * from clients
    where clients.client_id = 10345);

Then your question was not properly ellaborated. I thought you were in need of something like DEFERRRED CONSTRAINTS.

executeBatch() uses sql statement, therefore i have to manipulate the sql statement.

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pakcik_kantin
    executeBatch() uses sql statement, therefore i have to manipulate the sql statement.
    Why do you use executeBatch() if you are only running one statement? Usually executeBatch() is used to "batch" several statements. If you are only running that single statement, executeUpdate() is the recommended method.

Thanks sham for the fast replies.

I have some kind like LOAD DATA INFILE process, i cannot use LOAD DATA INFILE therefore i use executeBatch(). Each line of the record i have to validate each field column and insert into database

Sample records
    HUY7881788,TRACKINGHH,898-0890-788
    HUY7881781,TRACKINGHH,898-0890-788
    HUY7881788,TRACKINGHH,898-0890-788

Each record must follow the system criteria which handled by java program. Our team has very limited access to the database server.

Thank you