Unanswered: Ask about Oracle XE?

Hi everybody!
    I have small project work with Oracle XE, but I don't know it can work stable and how many maximun database user on it?
    Please tell me soon!

Thanks and best Regards!

Nice weekend!

Oracle XE does not limit the number of users or connections. *

As with any other Oracle version, it really depends on :

- What you do in your application
    - How you do these things (this is the most important point : use of bind variables...)
    - Your hardware
    - Your Oracle configuration (system parameters)

To sum it up, you have to benchmark your application and see what happens.

HTH & Regards,

rbaraer

* However, remember you are limited to 4 Gb of user data.
    ORA-000TK : No bind variable detected... Shared Pool Alert code 5 - Nuclear query ready .

Thank so much!
    Because I hear some information that XE can't work properly??? If you have any experiences in this area, can you show me?!

Quote Originally Posted by skywar
    Thank so much!
    Because I hear some information that XE can't work properly??? If you have any experiences in this area, can you show me?!
    I don't know what you mean by "XE can't work properly"... Do you have some examples ?

As any program, XE has bugs and since it is free, you don't have Oracle support, so you can expect that if you encounter a bug, you'd better try to find a workaround than wait for the bug to be corrected . Yet, even though I've not seen XE in production, from what I've seen so far it seems robust enough. Its limitations put apart, it really seems to work like any other Oracle version.

Regards,

rbaraer
    ORA-000TK : No bind variable detected... Shared Pool Alert code 5 - Nuclear query ready .