SQL Database Developer for those who want to be CHALLENGED!
To Apply for this position, please visit WWW.COMSCORECAREERS.COM or feel free to call Peter Radloff at 703-438-2372 with questions.
comScore is seeking a self-motivated, technology driven Database Developer for a full time position in our Chicago, IL office. This position will allow you the mobility and flexibility to develop a myriad of new skills, while keeping fresh and sharp the existing skills that you have honed thus far.
Job Title: Database Developer
Location: Chicago, IL
This position will support the fast-growing comScore survey business, including development of DTS packages for SQL Server data extraction, Reporting Services report design and development and SQL Server administration (backups, issue resolution, performance monitoring, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with business analysts to define report specifications, automate loading the necessary data on a regular basis, ensure the data is accurate and make the data available to users via reports.
• Collaborate with web developers to define and load the data that’s required by the UI and work with them to ensure queries are optimized, tables correctly indexed, etc.
• Administer multiple high availability SQL Server installations that drive client and internal applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 1-2 years SQL Server experience. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of stored procedures, T-SQL, DTS, indexing, performance tuning and security.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting expertise.
comScore Networks is a global leader in measuring the digital age. This capability is based on a massive, global cross-section of more than 2 million consumers who have given comScore permission to confidentially capture their browsing and transaction behavior, including online and offline purchasing. comScore panelists also participate in survey research that captures and integrates their attitudes and intentions. Through its proprietary technology, comScore measures what matters across a broad spectrum of behavior and attitudes. comScore consultants apply this deep knowledge of customers and competitors to help clients design powerful marketing strategies and tactics that deliver superior ROI. comScore services are used by global leaders such as AOL, Microsoft, Yahoo!, Verizon, Best Buy, The Newspaper Association of America, Tribune Interactive, ESPN, Fox Sports, Nestlé, MBNA, Universal McCann, the United States Postal Service, Merck and Expedia. For more information, please visit www.comscorecareers.com