Unanswered: 10g host login problems

Hi folks,

While using with my 10g personal ed, Im unable to to perform certain tasks from within EM database control - while I study for 1z0-042.

Im unable to perform tasks that require the host login username/password i.e. simple tasks such as creating a listener, or performing media recovery.

Even though I login as Administrator & use my windows admin password, I recieve a validation error.

I have no idea how to resolve this problem. can anyone please offer some advice!

thanks in advance!

Question

What error?

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Please paste in the error that you are getting.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

hi, sorry for delay...

this is the typical error i recieve:

Validation Error
    Examine and correct the following errors, then retry the operation:
    Error - Connection to host as user Administrator failed: ERROR: Wrong password for user

im wondering if it is because ive installed the personal edition?

problem now solved. solution for reference:

On windows: Go to Control Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Local Security Policy-->Local Policies-->User Rights Assignment-->

U will see in the policy as "Log on as a batch Job-->right click-->Properties-->add user or groups-->give your OS username.