Unanswered: Advanced SQL tutorials in Problem/Answer format

I'd like some challenging practice with SQL; general SQL-92 or MS specific (sql server or access).
    There's a million sources on the Web, but most are like reference manuals. I already have MSDN with my VS 6.0 and .Net, as well as help files for 3 different versions of Access. I'm looking for something set up more like assignments or challenges. I found a couple sites like this:
    SqlZoo.net and SQLCourse.com

SqlZoo has too many mistakes and vague questions. SQLCourse is pretty good, but no advanced stuff (some multiple Joins, subqueries, calculated fields and such). I like the idea of having the same related tables that you keep solving different problems with. This is more like a real-world situation. I would think that there would be a lot of question/answer tutorials for the MS supplied sample db's (Northwind, Pubs, etc.), but I haven't found any.

These forums are full of good questions posed by people, but they always concern unfamiliar data sources and I have to slog through the posts with my slow dial-up connection. I would rather do one big download and work at the problems offline.
    Any suggestions?

if you want the same related tables that you keep solving different problems with, your best bet is to search for the more common databases like northwind and sakila, perhaps by throwing several of their tables names into a search

if you want advanced question/answers, i humbly offer my own (the actual articles are on the techtarget.com site)

see http://r937.com/sqlate.cfm
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Thanks. There's a lot of good questions in one spot; I can easily download a bunch of those pages. Since the questions are all at the top of the pages, I can read them without seeing the answers. You helped save me a lot of searching time. If I do find some Northwind-based question tutes, I'll post the link.
    Thanks again.

Provided Answers: 10
    Ahh, I find I learn more than enough from here
    Just subscribe to SQL/Access threads that you are interested in.
    I've knocked up a test database purely for solving problems on here -
    trying to recreate peoples problems and see if I can solve them.

It's often a really good way to learn when you're given an unfamiliar problem, because you try and break it down into a generic solution (which means you can use it again later!).

There's my 2 cents.
    George
    Home | Blog