Unanswered: Access DB Login?

I\'d like to create a login form for my access database..

I am in between beginner and intermediate at Access. I searched google, but could only find a script or two and neither worked.

I\'ve designed the form, and I\'ve created the table. I just can\'t seem to find the proper coding to pull the info from the table and verify pw\'s, etc.

Any input?

Create a form that captures the user name & password.

Set this form as the startup form.

On that form, set the logon button to search for a record that matches the username password combination. If it finds the record, make the form invisible, and open the next form. You set the form to invisible so you can use it later to determine the logged in user. Set all your forms to verify the authentication form is open, and the user name & password on the form is valid. That way they can't bypass the logon form. Remember to close the form on program quit. You can use the Dlookup function, and set the criteria to "username = usernametextbox and password=passwordtextbox. If it returns null, you do not have a match.

Sounds great, Thank you!

Another thought here ... If you set up user accounts AND set a password for the Admin account, by default, accessing the DB will popup a login form that the user will have to use to gain entry ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Yeah that too, but I personally hate Access's securities. Especially that mdw file. YUKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by absoffthewake
    Yeah that too, but I personally hate Access's securities. Especially that mdw file. YUKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But it's an easy login form ... It doesn't mean you HAVE to use all the security features.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Login

Try this. It has worked great for me for getting user logins and setting up a very nice password type system. You can also expand on it with new security tables to allow users to get into different screens. The nice thing about this is that the user doesn't have to enter a login and password to get into every screen - you just add them to the table for that screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)