Unanswered: FISERV application

Hello everyone;

Anybody familiar with the FISERV (for banking) application? Can you direct me to some educational content related to platform, programming, management, etc? Or perhaps if you have worked with it, a little FISERV 101. Is there a DBForum for it, or any other such forum? I have no programming questions, just want to learn perhaps its characteristics or similarities to Access, if any.

Thanks...

Larry

Fiserv has many applications. Which one are you talking about? Have you tried the fiserv website?

They are using CSCS, Desktop, and CBS+. Yes I did visit the site but all I could seem to find was sales information. Not looking to buy it, not looking to program it (yet), just learn a little about it, like do you build the forms and reports similiar to Access, etc. I assume it just a database of some kind, I just don't know zip about it. I see a lot of material about different database types, just wondered what class FISERV fell into.

They have a production version, and a training version. They tell me that they can not program in the training version, and then copy it over to the production version (they have to build everything again in the production version) - seems unusual to me, but I only know Access (and as everyone around here knows, not too well :-), of course with Access I do my programming in a test file, then copy it over the production file and I'm good to go.

Larry

It has been a while since I looked at the fiserv products. The cscs program I saw ran on an oracle database. Desktop was new so I never got to look at that nor have I seen cbs+. I do believe you could build some forms. Sorry I could not be more help. I have not seen a fiserv product for over a year. It is amazing the things you think you will never forget but do. I think that the products I worked with used oracle, mysql, access and probably more. Sometimes there was an option.

Thanks KlariK...

Fiserv Applications

I do work with Fiserv Applications. There are many. Some Applicatons are developed with Sybase, Oracle, Microsoft SQL etc. Easylender db sybase, Dataware house Oracle, etc...