Hey guys.
This might have been ansked and answered before but I have searched and can't find it.

I just recieved a perl application which connects to a MSSQL 2005 database. The script is rather old (2003) and uses the DBI connection to connect.
I have installed the following

The installation seems to be working. I have added my server to the freetds.conf file and can connect to it using tsql -S servername -U username.
It has been compiled with --with-tdsver=4.2

I have installed DBI and DBD:ybase using MCPAN. <--- That is not a smiley. You know what it is supposed to be :x
My Perl installtion is ActivePerl 5.8.8 and OS is RedHat AS3.

So far everything would appear to be correct, however .. (always that however ) when I try to run my application DBI consequently refuses to use freetds. It seems as it is accessing the Sybase-klient I have installed on the server aswell
"ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found."

Fine so I keep reading some more and oups I forgot to set SYBASE to /usr/local/freetds. So i did that and now I get a bunch of other errors.
"The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization files!!"

If I link these from the Sybase-klient installation it will just keep asking for more and more libs and configure-files.

I am all out of ideas what to do know. How can I make DBI use FreeTDS instead of my Sybase-klient?
It would be extremely nice if someone could answer this for me, since I've spent 3 days with this now