Unanswered: Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)

Hi all,
    I need to get Oracle certification as quick as possible - my new contract requirement. I was wonderring if somebody has any experience with some e-learning (online) course which prepares you for exam. Something useful what is worth the money and you'd recommand to friend :-)

I have a book with nearly 700 pages. It will take ages to get thru it :-)

Thank you for your help

hi, im studing for 10g OCA at present. in my view theres no short cuts to this exam, you've more-or-less got to learn the book cold - which could take between 400-600 hours of study if you've limited Oracle DBA experience.

I'd also rec buying the sybex book and Oracle press books together - as each one covers certain key aspects that the other misses (although this will take your reading to 1100 pages worth!)

it is tough - oracle dont give these certs away for free, but true to form, put the effort in & hopefully u'll get through it. thats my theory anyway.

best of luck

books

I studied the sybex book, I liked that.
    I thing it will be good for you to give a change at test king e-books and to try some online test as exam cram.
    Also you may find some books for free downloading at pdfchm (after becoming a member)
    DImis
    Last edited by dimis2500; 01-25-07 at 09:31.

I didn't have to study at all back then when I've got this certification (9i), it was almost *things you see at work* stuff.

working

A friend of mine said that he did not study when he passed the exams but he had a lot of experience as dba, others with no or little experience may have difficulties and must read.

As far as I know there are cca 80 questions and you need 68% to pass. I think 68% is not that bad. Exam costs $125 what is not bad too. I think I'll go thru all practice tests I have and will try get one exam as soon as possible without reading the book. At least I'll get an idea what kind of questions there are and maybe with some luck I'll pass. I have some experience + practice tests + there are options - so in some cases maybe I'll be able to figure out the correct answer. Will see... :-)

hi madafaka, how was your exam? i think OCA (9i) covers two topics, SQL and DBA Fund I. have you gone thru them?

I didn't get the exam yet. I was too busy. And I took another job offer after all, where I don't need OCA, so I'll try get the exam later, when I'll have more time.