Unanswered: Job Failes due to Error = -2147467259 (80004005)

Hello,

I am importing an excel spreadsheet into SQL Server 2000. The dts package runs perfectly when you execute it under the Local Package pane.

My problem is when i schedule a job to execute the DTS package giving me the same error. I can only successfully execute the package under local Packages. Under Jobs i receive this error:

Executed as user: H-OB\Administrator. ...rt: Copy Data from 'Xagent - Report$' to [CIMPRO1].[dbo].[Xagent_Star_Coater_Points] Step DTSRun OnError: Copy Data from 'Xagent - Report$' to [CIMPRO1].[dbo].[Xagent_Star_Coater_Points] Step, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) Error string: 'R:\shared\star coater\Monthly Points Rpt\Current_Month_Points.xls' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. Error source: Microsoft JET Database Engine Help file: Help context: 5003044 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: -534774783 (E01FFC01) Error string: 'R:\shared\star coater\Monthly Points Rpt\Current_Month_Points.xls' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. Error source: Microsoft JET Database Engine ... Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

Any help on this error would be more than appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by estefex
    The dts package runs perfectly when you execute it under the Local Package pane.
    With this I assume you mean that it works when you execute it from your workstation which is not the SQL Server Machine.

At that moment the package is execute on your own computer (not at the server), under your own credentials.

When the job executes it's running under SQL Server credentials at the server and it seems it has never heard of an R-drive at that end or has no access to the mentioned folders or files. Make sure the account under which the SQL Server service is running can access that file.

It works now

Thanks for the advice. I looked at the accounts that is used for the mssqlserver service and that was fine.

It turns ou that for some reason the server is not pickin gup the mapped drice. I had to type the full path in so that it could recognize the file that i am retreiving form the other server.

Thanks again.