Thread: images

Unanswered: images

i have created a field in a table called "Images" with a OLE object data type. Now getting the located image from a directory for a record is not the problem, the problem is that when i created a subquent form for that table, displaying every record and field, it doesn't display the image in the OLE object box. All it displays is the directory name, is there a way round this or perhaps being able to allow each record to have their own physical image? Help would be very appreciated.

there must be some confusion here, i think you tried to supply the path to your OLE field.

OLE objects are embedded objects; you put it into your field via double-clicking the object at runtime

however, if you just wish to display a pic from a directory, you might just want to use an image object bound to you text field that holds your path
    Only quitters quit!

Have you tried viewing the data in a form view that is not datasheet? It seems logical that table view/datasheet view would only display the path of the image- something has to control the display size of the image i.e. your frame.
    Last edited by jonesyfella; 01-29-07 at 11:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_is100
    the problem is that when i created a subquent form for that table, displaying every record and field, it doesn't display the image in the OLE object box. .
    yup, it was probably viewed it in form view
    Only quitters quit!

Try dbpix from www.ammara.com it this brilliant, no footprint and no objects as large as elephants better know as OLE. I have both an internal system and web site externally referencing over 12,000 images using this product and it has been a saving grace.

Check out www.flowerseast.com.