Unanswered: Crystal Subreport Question

I am a new Crystal Report user and this is my first attempt at using a subreport.

In my main crystal report I am grouping on the following fields:
    "Vendor" "State" "Class" "Product"
    I am totaling the following fields:
    "Gross Quantity" "Net Quantity" "Amount" "Invoice Qty" "Invoice Amt"

I inserted a unlinked sub-report in the Report Footer using the same database fields I was using in the main report.
    I am grouping my subreport on "Class"
    I am totatling the same fields mentioned above.

However it appears that the subreport does not access to the "Invoice Qty" or the "Invoice Amt" database fields. I do not understand why the subreport does not have access to the same data used in my original Crystal Report.

I would appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drbabcock
    I am a new Crystal Report user and this is my first attempt at using a subreport.

In my main crystal report I am grouping on the following fields:
    "Vendor" "State" "Class" "Product"
    I am totaling the following fields:
    "Gross Quantity" "Net Quantity" "Amount" "Invoice Qty" "Invoice Amt"

I inserted a unlinked sub-report in the Report Footer using the same database fields I was using in the main report.
    I am grouping my subreport on "Class"
    I am totatling the same fields mentioned above.

However it appears that the subreport does not access to the "Invoice Qty" or the "Invoice Amt" database fields. I do not understand why the subreport does not have access to the same data used in my original Crystal Report.

I would appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks
    Have you made sure that you are looking at the same tables, linked together appropriately, in the subreport as in the main report? You should be able to see the data if you've done this.
    If you're too busy to go fishing . . . . . then you're too busy ! ! !

Subreports in Crystal have a completely seperate set of databases and links/joins than the main report. You will have to make links to the other dataset using the Subreport links. A subreport will only access the data you have linked it to, and not anything more.

If you right click on the subreport in the main report tab, and select "Change Subreport Links" you can see what I am talking about.

If your intention was to create an unlinked subreport, you will have to think of the subreport as a completely seperate report with it's own dataset and then link all the relevant tables.
    "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly understood; an inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." ~G.K. Chesterton