Unanswered: How to load data into db2 z/os using IXF file

Hi All,

I work on db2 Z/OS. I have recieved the test data from AIX db2 administrator in IXF file format. Now i need to load this test data into my tables for unit testing. This file is few MB's and is sent to me via E-mail. I'm sure db2 LOAD utility doesn't understand this file format. Can you guys please help me how to put this data on to my tables. (DB2 Z/OS 1.7 )
    Please let me know the steps i have to do. I work as a programmer and i can very well ask my DBA to do this. But i would love to do it. Please help

Any suggestions would be a great help for me.

Thanks in advance
    Vinay Kumar,
    IBM Certified DB2 V8.1 Application Developer

Both z/OS and LUW have IXF files (the z/OS one is used in QMF), but they are not compatiable.

One way would be to simply pipe a select query to a file, which will produce a fixed format for each column (same starting and ending positions for each column on each row). Then transfer the file to the mainframe as text file (convert ascii to ebcdic).

You may be able to do it easier using the Control Center if both databases are catalogued, but I am not sure about that. I know that you can extract data from the mainframe on the Control Center into an IXF file and then load into DB2 LUW, but I don't about the reverse.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

vini_srcna,
    have you tried to connect to zOS from AIX and execute "import from... ixf file" statement. I think this should work. I have somekind of similar environment using data from Linux on zSeries and importing data to VSE on zSeries computer. So ixf data are on Linux and on db2/linux I create connect to db2/VSE and import data. Try this out, but bear in mind if you have a huge quantity of data network traffic and number of transactions can be applied to zOs system. You can also try using federation (db2 v8 or above is required on AIX), to create federated objects (nicknames) into AIX database and then insert data to nicknames. This also works for me - no problem at all.
    Hope this helps,
    Grofaty