TRAVIDIA, the leader in Internet marketing services for newspapers and advertisers throughout North America and Europe, is looking for a Technical Writer / Product Analyst. This is a unique position which functions as the nexus between developers, technology, product management, production, marketing, and sales. Visit Travidia.com to learn more about us. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing company, living in the vitality of the university town Chico, CA with the beauty of the Sierra Mountains and affordable living.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Designs, develops, and edits product documentation including product release bulletins, user guides, online help, functional specifications, and technical specifications for a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Develop on-line training materials for end users, sales, and marketing.
• Coordinates graphics for all documentation
• Work closely with a cross-functional team (UI design, developers, marketing, and product management), eliciting business requirements, drafting functional specifications, aiding in design documentation and UI mock-ups.
• Maintains version control on documents.
• Thoroughly understand products through product use, interviewing developers, marketing and sales team members.
• Recommends content, fixes, improvements, functionality, and features for products.
• Apply an understanding of the inherent limitations of existing tools and technologies and, when faced with conflicting or impractical business requirements suggests appropriate trade-offs consistent with the overall business strategy.
• The ability to collaborate with peers in engineering and marketing as part of a development team, and to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
• Management of assigned software development projects.
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following:
• Able to recognize and implement documentation needs as they arise and to quickly assimilate new technologies.
• Ability to write clearly and succinctly about technical concepts.
• Develop technically accurate documentation that is consistent across subject areas.
• Understanding of the software development cycle and ability to coordinate and manage projects.
• 3+ years experience with the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, qa, release.
• Experience working with product management in creating intuitive and cutting edge Web 2.0 interfaces.
• Must be experienced user of MS Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and SnagIt (or other screen capture / image edit program)
• Knowledge of HTML and XML a plus.
• Bachelors in a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Perform all tasks with an awareness of business requirements and timelines.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resumes in Word format to Developer_jobs@travidia.com.
All resumes must include salary history.
Please indicate where you learned of this opportunity.
No recruiters or contract candidates.