In Oracle database, one can create snapshot tables. Is there a similar thing in Sybase. We want to have a copy of a table from database-A on database-B and the copy on database-B should be refreshed automatically.
Use ASE Replicator and subscribe to the table. ASE replicator is a freebie replication product
I hv some questions on ASE Replicator:
1. can ASE Replicator work across sybase server?
2. how ASE Replicator performance in term of transaction processing?
3. what sybase version provide this free ASE Replicator ? 220.127.116.11?
1. Yes - replicator can work between databases on the same server, or between servers.
2. Never used it under anything but very low load - maybe someone else has better information.
3. I don't remember which version of 12.5 first included Replicator, but it's been around for a while. I'm pretty sure that this was before 12.5.1.
1. does sybase set any no of table limitations in replicator? in fact, i want to replicate many sybase tables (as many as it can ... about 50 tables ...)
2. will it affect the source database performance too much especially in term of blocking and locking?