Thread: Export Issue

Unanswered: Export Issue

Hello dBforums users,

I did a little searching and couldn't find much related to my problem. I am trying to export my table to a text file using a module and VBA code. I created a specification through the export wizard called "Special Output" and I have it saved as

Field Delimiter = {space}
    Text Qualifier = {none}

that basically gives me no delimiters at all for my output. My code follows as

Code:
     DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "Special Output", "TimeCard", "C:\temp\timecard.txt"
    I followed the example from Microsoft to the Tee. When you press F1 highlighted on TransferText, it says it will create a file if it doesn't exist or it will over-ride one that does exist. So I give it a filename because its required (which I also don't like because now i need to move that file every time, I would love it if the dialog box came up asking where to save and what to save it as) but anyways I then get a "Run-Time error ' 3011': The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'timecard#txt'. Make sure the objects exists..." blah blah. Why did it replace the . (Period) with the # (pound symbol).

It should have created one anyways, like it said it would, so i then create a blank file called "timecard.txt" where it will export it too, I click my form button again and it gives me the same error, BS right, so i look to find my file that i just created, and not its GONE. Its been deleted automatically. I don't know what happened.

I could go on forever and sorry its so long but the forums says to give a full explanation. Ask for me details and you shall receive. I just need a method to export my table to a text file with no delimiters (basically what I previous said)
    Thanks

in case it might be of interest

TxtFSO.CreateTextFile (filename)

Set DWGfile = TxtFSO.GetFile(filename)

Set DWGstrm = DWGfile.OpenAsTextStream(filename)
    Only quitters quit!

in case it might be of interest

i find using the filesystem object easier to play with
    Code:
        dim txtfso as filesystemobject
        dim txtfile as file
        dim txtstrm as textstream

Set TxtFSO = new FileSystemObject

TxtFSO.CreateTextFile (filename)

Set txtfile = TxtFSO.GetFile(filename)

Set txtstrm = txtfile.OpenAsTextStream(filename)

txtstrm.WriteLine "anything i want to write"
    Only quitters quit!

Provided Answers: 10
    I just had a go at running that code through curiosity -
    It doesn't recognise "fileSystemObject" "User-defined type not defined"
    George
    Home | Blog