Thread: Caller Display

Unanswered: Caller Display

Have tried this post before with no luck but does anyone in the uk have any experience of Displaying a customer record (form) based on an incoming phone call. Want to display the customers details as they are ringing in.

I have BT caller display enabled on Broadband line, XP home and Office 2003

Is it something that needs nadditional equipment.

Thanks in advance of any suggestions.

Dave

Provided Answers: 1
    What does this have to do with Access?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Our service database and front end forms are in access, so I need to know if I can call up the access record for the particular customer that is phoning showing us instantly if the customer is on a maintenance contract with us to save manualy looking for the record whilst talking.

I have had info in the past from suppliers trying to sell us "service databases" that use this functionality. Would like to try and adopt it on our own in house db.

I suspect I will need to collect the incoming number somehow and write a routine to find the matching record. Not sure if its that simple.

Hope that makes sense.

Provided Answers: 1
    I have no idea. This is going to primarily be a function of whatever you're using to track incoming calls. Access is a passive component of the solution you're describing.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

DaveN, If you get this working, I would be interested in help also, working on this for future upgrade.

Talking

Hey DaveN,

For the Caller ID deal, is that something that is inside of a computer program you are using on your system? What I mean is, what is the caller's ID coming up on when they call? A seperate device or does it show inside of a program on the computer? If it resides in a computer based program, I would think you could possibly link that program to Access via SQL or VB. When it rings and that number comes up in that program have it check the DB in Access to search for a matching number and if so to open that record. I am no programmer but just thinking this out from a lamens point of view. Kinda think it could work that way. If it's on a seperate device, i.e. caller id box, then I would not be able to imagine how to make it work. Just trying to open your question up a bit. Hope it helped some.

have a nice one,
    BUD