Unanswered: Hyperlink to Picture Problem

I have a hyperlink field that is displayed on a form. A particular user that is using this form has this software called MGI PhotoSuite that he was using as his default software to view pictures. This particular software has had problems with other users in the past as well when they try to view pictures from hyperlinks: every time, the software opens, but does not pull up the picture, it just stays blank.

I've narrowed down the problem to this software. I can view the picture on every other computer on the network that doesn't use this software, so I know it's not a problem with the hyperlink. I also changed the default picture viewer on this particular computer to Microsoft Office Picture Manager (since this works on all the other machines), and he was able to view the picture the hyperlink was pointing to by navigating to it in Windows Explorer and opening it regularly.

Here's my problem: When I try to open the same file from Access via the hyperlink, it still opens the picture in the MGI PhotoSuite software. How do I fix this? That is to say, how do I make Access use Microsoft Office Picture Manager instead of the other?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    Me.Geek = True

Open My Documents and click on tools at then top and then the folder options menu option.

Then click on File Types and scroll down until you find the file extension of the file you wish to open.
    Once highlighted, you will see the 'Opens With' and a button named Change.
    Click change and select the program you want to use from the list.

Also, fyi (if you want to simplify-and you don't need any of the image program functions), you could create a pop-up form in access and use the Image function to display it right inside Access without embedding or calling an external program.

Hope this helps.

Even better still get dbpix from www.ammara.com and you can display the image directly onto the form - you don't have to worry about viewers. more to the point your forms are more sophisticated. I deal with 12,500 images are rendered onto my Access forms.

Quote Originally Posted by jkevin
    Also, fyi (if you want to simplify-and you don't need any of the image program functions), you could create a pop-up form in access and use the Image function to display it right inside Access without embedding or calling an external program.
    I did some searching and was unable to find this function. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks for the help btw.
    Me.Geek = True

First you insert an image control into a form and for instance name it image2
    then use the following code sample to call in an image from somewhere in your system. Once you insert an image (any image) go to the properties for the image on the form and erase the picture property so it says (none) and then change the Picture Type property to Linked. Then, say for instance you want to call up a jpg from the folder C:\picturepath and the jpg is named with the same name as in the employeename field on your form,
    Insert this code to run in the Form OnCurrent function or by clicking a button

Me![Image2].Picture = "c:\picturepath\" & EmployeeName & ".jpg")

This works great for me.