Thread: Act

Unanswered: Act

Hey anyone ever heard of a database called ACT?? Apparently it uses SQL server, anyone ever used it before??

Provided Answers: 6
    the last time i had to deal with ACT, which I believe is a sales CRM or contact manager, it did not use SQL Server but had a proprietary format database back end. We got the DB from some company we bought and flattened. There was some stuff I had to download from that company's website that exposed some objects and I had to write some vb to extract the data from the database to import it into SQL Server to merge it with our CRM. This was a few years ago and it was at a different gig, so I do not have the details anymore.

Things may have changed. They might use SQL Server now. Check them out...

http://www.act.com/
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

ACT is also the acronym for Application Center Test, which is a load testing app for ASP.NET. not sure if it has a db backend though.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...actml_main.asp

I got ACT with my Lexmark Printer/Scanner

And after I loaded it onto my computer it said that its now updating SQL Server

Provided Answers: 6
    if anything said it was updating sql server I would get rather alarmed.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

What do you mean

It has sql server on it??

it's pretty strange that a printer/scanner installer would care that sql server is already installed... one should have nothing to do with the other.

I know

Act was in the box when I opened it, I didnt even know what it was. They just included it, might be a sales promotion thing who knows

tip for the future: if you don't know what it is, don't install it.

they have a website

I looked them up on the website, and I like Databases