can you connect to Access and retrieve data from database? Can you connect to DB2 AS/400? If so, then connect to Access retrieve data to memory, close connection. Open connection to db2/as400 and insert data.
You can also try to export data from Access to txt file and then import data to db2/as400.
Can you please provide more data where the problem is? Is it on Access or as/400?
+++ Can you connect to Access and retrieve data from database?
--Yes I can connect and retrive the column that has 79 character for
each row into Dataset using VB.NET 2003.
+++ Can you connect to DB2 AS/400? If so, then connect to Access retrieve
data to memory, close connection. Open connection to db2/as400 and
-- What do you mean by close connection? That is my question that I
donot know how to insert into AS400 tabl.
Let me explain again.
- I have a Excel sheet that I import into my VB.NET application.
- My VB.NET application anlayze the data and convert into text file where
each line have 79 character.
- Then I send this txt file to IT Department (Admin) and he use FTPClient to
export this txt file into AS400 table.
- Now because his other role in company my boss told me to add kind of
module in my application and send that txt file into AS400 tables.
- I am not sure how to use VB.NET 2003 to export txt file into AS400 table.
Maybe the FtpClient use better things to achive to same operation.
From www I get few feedback that I can use append query and set AS400
table as destination sourse and insert the data first inserting into MS
access table in single column (for each line).
- My problem is I have no idea how to do it. But as I explaind in my first post
I read from txt file and insert into Access tables column. Now I also retrive
those line that reside in each row as 79 character into VB.NET Dataset.
- I also connect to AS400 tables and retrive the table into VB.NET dataset.
- First I clear the AS400 Table before I insert new data but now I am still in
progress and trying to reconstruct how to achive this.
- I want to clear AS400 tables then retrive table into VB.NET datset and add
row and the values into this dataset and I might try to use Dataset update
to update the AS400 tables but I ma not sure if this is a correct way.
Because untill now I never insert anything into AS400. So I hope you can
understand why I am so anxious about this.
I hope this gave you much beter understanding for my problem.