Unanswered: provider not found???

Pice of my code, have error provider not found...???

Private Sub SetupADO()
    On Error GoTo SetupADO_Err

Dim adoParm As ADODB.Parameter

' Create connection object and connect to database
    Set acnBooks = New ADODB.Connection

With acnBooks
    .ConnectionString = "Provider=IBMDADB2.1;Data Source=SAMPLE;Persist Security Info=False"
    .Open
    .CursorLocation = adUseClient
    End With
    But if i install a free version of DB2 client 9.0 have a free dll and provider to use the string in thi spost?
    Last edited by sal21; 02-08-07 at 14:41.

Is there any help for this? I have a similar error. I use DB2 and C# with Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 SP1. I want to connect to my DB2 Server via NHibernate, but the connection string seems to be wrong. Has anybody worked with it? I also tried to connect via another program (MyGenerate) and the same error occured (Provider not registered). Here are my configuration data. Is OleDB right? With ODBC i can't connect too.

<property name="connection.provider">NHibernate.Connection.D riverConnectionProvider</property>
    <property name="connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.O leDbDriver</property>
    <property name="connection.connection_string">provider=IBM.D ata.DB2;provider connection string="Database=DBTEST;uid=MWareDBUser;Server=FIL ESERVER:50000;pw=mypw"</property>
    <property name="show_sql">true</property>
    <property name="dialect">NHibernate.Dialect.DB2Dialect</property>

By the way. I have installed the IBM DB" Serve Driver Pack (v9.5fp4_nt32_dsdriver_DE.exe). I run Windows 7 (64 Bit), but the 64 Bit version of this file is not working, so i have installed the 32 Bit version. But when i use the Entity Framework of Microsoft, i can connect to my db ia the DB2 Provider. But what do i have to set in this xml file???

Good night
    Nic

M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Well, the link for this pdf was not valid, or it was loaded from the super fast IBM-Server with 0,05 kb/second, so i couldn't read it. but i solved it by my own. you have to set the driver_class do DB2Driber, and in the connection string there shouldn't be a provider. and the IBM.Data.DB2.dll MUST be in the folder of your app...

ah, and i forgot an important thing... because the 64 bit version of the driver is not working, i installed the 32 bit version. and so you HAVE TO select as the Target CPU the x86. If you select 64 bit you get an exception...