Question Database certification

Hi, not sure where to post this. I tried a search but couldn't come up with anything concrete..

Is database certification important? Is it highly looked upon or a waste of $$$? What database would be good to be certified in (Oracle, SQL Server)?

Well, I don't have a degree, it seems most employers want a BA in CS or MIS without CERTS or CERTS with a BA and some intense experience in SQL/ORACLE or say they are overrated but if it will get me in the door, I will surely get my MCDBA or ORACLE certs

I'm working on SQL Server.

With the new version SQL SERVER 2005, the technology on the SQL Server side has changed alot.

To have a certificate showing off that you know and capable of these new enhancements is a good thing, I believe.

Actually, I do not know how much a certification may affect my income, but I do not care much about that.

Microsoft certifications has increased in number and in quality with 2005 editions of SQL Server and .NET. This means a lot of certification paths has come to live in both software development and database administration branches.

SQL Server also has BI (Business Intellegence) certification paths which I found it necessary. BI exams includes OLAP, Data Mining, Reporting etc.