Question Unanswered: cannot open the Microsoft jet engine workgroup information file

Please help,

I am by no means a DBA...
    I am the Dektop/Network admin at a small company and I have users that access a database on our server. All of them can access it except for one. She gets the error "cannot open the Microsoft Jet engine workgroup information file" .
    However her first error was "could not save; currently locked by another user".
    I have done Windows & Office updates,uninstall/re-install office 2K and detect-repair of Access 2K .
    After I uninstalled Office the user began to get the jet engine error.
    It happens as soon as you click on the shortcut to the DB and even if you click on the .mdb in the server the error appears.
    I have even done a registry fix on her machine..????

Please HELP

System info:
    PIV
    Win XP Pro
    Office 2000

Look for the locking database. It should have an extension of .ldb. Be sure everyone is out of the database you are refering to, then delete any .ldb database. It should be in the same directory as the database they are using. Also look for a locking database (.ldb) for the workgroup information file. If found, delete it too. Remember, no one in the database while you are doing this. Not just the person with the problem, but EVERYONE out of the database.
    HTH,

Thanks for your help GolferGuy,

I tried what you said but I got an error stating that someone was either using the database or another program was using it. This was after I went around to everyone and told them to get out and they assured me they were. So I am going to wait till this evening to give it another shot, once everyone has gone home.

Thanks again

I have had to have the network guy (which it sounds like is you) to actually kill the process on the network because somehow it lost the fact that there really was no more process actually going on.
    Good Luck!

GolferGuy,

You're the best, I tried what you said again once everyone had left for the day and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again.