Unanswered: db2 XML Extender

Hi,
    Can anyone help me figure this out?
    I just installed the DB2 XML Extender v7.1 Fixpack 14 on linux and the DB2 version is v8.1 Fixpack 12. I ran the steps as showed in the install to enable my database: db2 bind @dxxbind.lst, db2 bind @dxxdb2cli.lst. When I run the dxxinstallchk or dxxadm enable_db on my database I receive the following error:

SQL0444N Routine "*EnableDB" (specific name "SQL070208123919650") is implemented with code in library path ".../sqllib/function/db2xml", function "dxxEnableDB" which cannot be accessed. Reason code: "5. SQLSTATE=42724
    DXXA065E Calling stored procedure db2xml!dxxEnableDB failed.

Any body have an idea? What am I missing? can't seem to find an answer.
    Thanks a bunch!

I am using XML Extender on Version 8, and I am not aware of a separate set of fixpacks for XML Extender other than what is included in the DB2 Server Code (and fixpacks). Where did you find a separate fixpack for XML Extender?
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

DB2 XML Extender Fixpack 14 Downloaded from the IBM site http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data...rt/fixpak.html.
    The fixpacks are supposed to be a complete replacement of the XML Extender product and do not require a prior version of the product.

I guess that it was separate in the DB2 V7, but it is included in the DB2 V8 server code. I don't think you should have installed that V7 XML Extender fixpack on top of version 8.
    M. A. Feldman

Marcus,
    For some reason the XML extender was not part of the DB2 v8 server code that we have at my company. It seems that our partner from whom we receive our software image did not include the XML Extender. I had to download the XML Extender from the IBM site but this does not work because the stored procedures dxxEnableDB etc... needed to enable the database are missing.

Thanks

I use DB2 V8 ESE (Enterprise Server Edition), which automatically includes XML Extender. I don't know if it is included with Workgroup Edition.

You can determine what DB2 server distribution you have by issuing the following command:
    db2level
    M. A. Feldman

I also have DB2ESE V8.2 (from running db2clicm -l) but it seems like the XML Extender was not installed so I have to installed the version provided on the IBM site.
    Thanks