Thread: Report error

Exclamation Unanswered: Report error

I am trying to run a report in pdox 8. We recently upgraded our computer systems to xp pro. All was fine for a couple weeks. After that our report didn't work. I rebuilt the report today and it works great on a windows 98 machine. I then went to the xp machine and ran the same report and the program froze. When task manager was opened, i closed paradox then the first two pages of an eight page report printed. What could cause this???

Please help!

Joe

Have you tried running paradox 8 in Win98 compatibility mode on XP? Have you considered upgrading to pdox 11? I've personally converted my applications from Pdox9 to Pdox 11 with no mess at all...
    The only failure is not trying to do it.

I have tried running it in 98 mode with no change at all. Unfortunately we can't upgrade to pdox 11 due to all the computers we have using the system and don't want to spend the money to upgrade everything at this time.

You don't have to upgrade all the computers: you can download the free pdox runtime for all the pcs but the one you'll use to recompile your application to version 11, so you'll need olny ONE license of pdox 11...
    The only failure is not trying to do it.