Unanswered: Connect to DB2 database on remote server through JAVA application

Hi All

I want to connect to DB2 database located on remote OS/390 server. I would like to access this database from Java Application located on windows server.
    I am using DB2 Universal JDBC Driver ( to connect to DB2 database. The code gives following error when it tries to establish connection

SQLException information
    Error msg: [ibm][db2][jcc][10109][10354] The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2 databases.
    To connect to this DB2 server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal Driver for JDBC and SQLJ.
    An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar for this target platform must be installed to the application class path.
    Connectivity to QDB2 databases is enabled by any of the following license files: [ db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar ].
    SQLSTATE: null
    Error code: -99999

Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 4
    If you are working in Eclipise, go to the database Driver, in the Extra Class Path tab, enter the full path to the db2jcc_licence_cu.jar file that you should have.

I don't know what this _cu stands for, perhaps this will be different on a non Win 2003 DB2.
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages

I have already added db2jcc_licence_cu.jar file to class path of project.

In order to connect directly to DB2 on OS/390, you need a license for DB2 Connect.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

how can we get lincense for DB2 connect, Is there any other way by which we can fetch data from DB2 database located on remote mainframe server. I mean to say using local program and FTP

Jena, Germany
    Ask your local IBM representative.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development