Unanswered: Help with Workgroup Admin

Hello,

I am probably missing something obvious. I have a Access 97 db that is secured. I added several new users through Access' through User and Group Accounts. The users are entered and assigned to a group. I went to the user's machine and used the Wrkgadm.exe to join the new user to the existing workgroup. It properly joins it, but the user is unable to log in. I opened up the Workgroup Information file to find none of the new users appear in it even though I can see their accounts through User and Group Accounts.

Do I have to delete and re-create another workgroup to get the new users properly added, and then rejoin all of the existing users to it again?

When you add the users to security at your machine, you are adding them to the security (admin) file on your machine. They have a separate file on their machine. In order for this to work, you need to copy the file from your machine to theirs. Good practice to put this new workgroup file into the same directory as the database, then in the shortcut to open the database, you would reference the workgroup file and it's path. Look in Help for information on how to reference the workgroup file and path. Use Command Line to look up this information.
    HTH,

The Workgroup Information file is in the same directory as the database. That's why I am so confused. If I open it up that info file, the new users are not in it.

Is this file on the network? Do you have reference to this file in the shortcut to open the database?

I think I figured it out. For some reason I (the admin) was no longer apart of the Workgroup Info file. My machine was pointing to the generic one on my hard drive. I rejoined the correct file and see that none of the new users are in it. I think I can handle it from here, Thanks so much.