Question Unanswered: How to populate one field by multiplying two others?

I have two fields in an Access form that I'd like to automatically multiply together to fill in a third field. The three field values are: 1) Job Amount (currency), 2) Percent Complete, and 3) Work in Progress. One minus (the Job Amount times the Percent Complete) equals the Work in Progress. I probably need a string of code that will multiply the two values together and populate the Work in Progress field. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Provided Answers: 6
    You shouldn't store a value that can be calculated from others, especially one that will keep changing. Simply multiply them in queries, forms or reports as needed.
    Paul

yup, you normally just want to store the root values, and do your calculations on display...

but then, it's not such a bad idea, so that when i display it on continuous forms, i won't have to reprocess calculations...

why am i saying this? i've had to use some domain functions on continuous form view and it's slowing down my db so bad, it looks ugly
    Only quitters quit!

I went ahead and calculated the Work in Progress value in a report. It works fine. Thanks!