Unanswered: Frustrating Error Message

Good morning all,

I am currently encountering an error in my database that i have yet to find an answer for. I have an input system where users enter data into a text field on a form and then that data is appended into the table using a standard append query.

The form in question has 3 text fields all appending to memo fields in the table, this is all appended at the same time in 1 query. I am finding some users coming across the following error message.

Microsoft Access cant run the query; the parameter values are too large.
    The total length of all the values entered for the parameters cannot exceed 1,024 characters.

The users counted the number of characters in the text box and the largest one had 250. Now if there are only 3 text boxes and the largest had 250 then the very most that could be appended would be 748. Then i have 3 option groups with number scores attached (0,1,2) which are 1 character each and the only other thing i am appending is an ID number that is 6 digits long. So as far as i can see, at most, the query was trying to append 757 characters when it produced this error message.

Im hoping there is a really simple solution to all of this because im finding it increasingly frustrating and the search engines arent helping much on this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any time taken to look into this.

EddiesVoicebox

Lets see your query and how you invoke it ... Inserting/appending to memos is tricky at best in Access.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Hi
    Thanks for looking into this for me.
    Basically i use a bog standard append query with expressions to dictate what is getting appended (see below).
    Code:
    Expr4: [Forms]![Frm_Customer]![Text34]
    I dont really do the whole SQL thing as a rule but here is whole query

Code:
    INSERT INTO Tbl_Customer_Rating ( [QA ID], [Section Rating], Rapport, [Rapport Notes], Language, [Language Notes], Focus, [Focus Notes] )
    SELECT [Forms]![Frm_Customer]![Text39] AS Expr1, [Forms]![Frm_Customer]![Text27] AS Expr2, [Forms]![Frm_Customer]![Rapport] AS Expr3, [Forms]![Frm_Customer]![Text34] AS Expr4, [Forms]![Frm_Customer]![Language] AS Expr5, [Forms]![Frm_Customer]![Text36] AS Expr6, [Forms]![Frm_Customer]![Focus] AS Expr7, [Forms]![Frm_Customer]![Text37] AS Expr8;

Thanks again

Ok ... Well you got part of it ... HOW is this invoked?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...