Question Unanswered: Reference to mde code library

We have a code library compiled as an mde. Our application connects to this library using the setting RefLibPaths in the registry. This is all working fine. Our problem is if we want to upgrade our code library we have to recompile the application. The application complains "The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Access can't find". I've searched the web with no joy - only hints there maybe something hidden like a GUID. Any ideas. We are using MS Access 2002 on XP

Provided Answers: 10
    To turn on a reference through code:

Firstly turn on the reference you want in the Tools > References in VB Editor then use the following to find the GUID of a reference use:
    MsgBox Application.References(1).Guid
    'The '1' refers to the reference already existing in the references list at the top. So if your reference is 4th in the list - replace 1 with 4

To turn a reference on using code do the following:
    Application.References.AddFromGuid "{<Insert the GUID here>}", 0, 0

If the reference is already on Access throws up error # 32813 which will need handling

The above will allow you to programatically turn on a reference.

Just thought this might be useful to your problem.
    George
    Home | Blog

The code library I refer to is internally developed. I don't know how to generate an GUID for it and to have it fixed.
    Also, as far my experience goes you can't add a reference to a compiled database application.

Provided Answers: 10
    Have a play with the attached mdb.
    It generates the GUID information based on the reference number you give it.

I think you might be right about the "adding reference to a compiled database" but I have never tried.

You can probably export the GUID Infromation form from the attachment into your project.

It might just give you a bit more information that you have already.

- GeorgeV
    Attached Files Attached Files
    George
    Home | Blog