Unanswered: Alter old query on the basis of new query

Hi: Can any one please tell me how to i alter my old query on the basis of new query
    Old Query
    ---------
    select distinct(dbtr_view.debtor_id), dbtr_view.Next_Contact_Date,debt.clt_id, clt_ref_no, name1, name2, list_date, cur_bal,

assign_id, dbtr_view.status_code, dbtr_view.status_date, dbtr_view.next_contact_date From dm.dbtr_view left outer join

dm.debt on (debt.debt_id = dbtr_view.debtor_id,0) left outer join dm.pmt on (dbtr_view.debtor_id = pmt.debtor_id,0) where

dbtr_view.assign_id in ('GIB', 'HPP', 'VTT') and pmt_date < '2006-12-21' and (debt.clt_id like 'LCAH%' or debt.clt_id

like 'DLF%' or debt.clt_id like 'DRTV%' or debt.clt_id like 'CAVA%' or debt.clt_id like 'THOM%' or debt.clt_id like

'DLFG%' ) and dbtr_view.status_code not in ('112', '120', '123', '140', '145') and dbtr_view.status_code < '400'

Alter old query on the basis of this query
    -------------------------------------------
    select distinct(dbtr_view.debtor_id), dbtr_view.Next_Contact_Date,debt.clt_id, clt_ref_no, name1, name2, list_date, cur_bal,
    assign_id, dbtr_view.status_code, dbtr_view.status_date, dbtr_view.next_contact_date
    ---FOR TESTING ONLY RETURN MAX PMT INFO---------------------------------------------------------------
    ,(Select max(PMT_ID)
    from pmt where pmt.debtor_id = dbtr_view.debtor_id) as LastPmtID, (Select max(pmt_date)
    from pmt where pmt.debtor_id = dbtr_view.debtor_id and pmt_id = LastPmtID) as LastPmtDate,
    (Select princ_amt from pmt where pmt.debtor_id = dbtr_view.debtor_id and pmt_id = LastPmtID and pmt_date = LastPmtDate) as

LastPmtAmt
    From dm.dbtr_view left outer join dm.debt on (debt.debt_id = dbtr_view.debtor_id,0)
    ----------NO NEED TO JOIN PMT TABLE IN MAIN FROM CLAUSE WHEN USING SUBQUERY-----------------------------------------------
    --left outer join dm.pmt on (dbtr_view.debtor_id = pmt.debtor_id,0)
    where dbtr_view.assign_id in ('MIK') and (debt.clt_id like 'CERT%' or debt.clt_id like 'NDST%')
    and dbtr_view.status_code not in ('112', '120', '123', '140', '145') and dbtr_view.status_code < '400' AND

LIST_DATE<='2006-11-30'
    --------------COMPARISON MADE IN SUBQUERY AT BOTTOM-------------------------------------------
    --and pmt_date < '2006-12-21'
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AND (select count(*) from pmt where pmt.debtor_id = dbtr_view.debtor_id and pmt_date> today(*)-60) =0

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 10
    Umm, a very confusing question...

Do you mean: "How do I change the criteria of the second query based on the results of the first query?"

More explaination needed!
    George
    Home | Blog

Yes please.

Provided Answers: 10
    Without understanding what your queries do (other that looking complicated) my advice would be:

Build your first query via "Create query in Design View"

Then create a second query and instead of selecting the table you want to base the query on - select your first query.

This will allow you to put criteria against the first queries results.
    George
    Home | Blog