Thread: Word To Access

Red face Unanswered: Word To Access

Hi all,
    I was wondering if its possible for access to output data in word format using my own word template?
    I have a simple word template(movie cover) that I print via word but I dont want to create that template each time in word.
    Can just make a table with data entry form which will then output that data into word format using my template?
    Or can I make that template in report format?? And how?

I am attaching my word template for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 59
    yes
    you should be able to drive word from within Access (like you can drive any VBA enabled aplications form another VBA application. But its going to be painfull

could you do the same thing using an Access report?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I agree 100% with you sir Healdem !
    I dont want to go through the vba pain. I am not sure how I can achieve this in access report? Any suggestions?

ranjah,
    I just opened the attachment you had to your first message, and if I'm seeing it right, you have three boxes, two with "Fearless" in them, and one with "Jet Li" in it? If this is all there is to your template, an Access report can copy that in a couple of minutes. Make each one of those as a text box within Access, and for the "spine" one, you can make the Vertical property to be "Yes" (Other tab) I have attached a sample DB with Report1 in it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

WOW GolferGuy !
    that was amazing, I dont know why microsoft pays lots of bucks to these programmers and they still leave bugs in access. I personally think you should be working for microsoft writing access. I went ahead and tried your example and it works flawless. Thanks again for your help
    PS: Where in cali are you from? I am from roseville i used to live in LA. I owe you now !

Provided Answers: 10
    Where was the bug in Access?

I have to agree with Ranjah - Vic has a great deal of knowledge when it comes to Access, it's great that he (and the rest of the DBF experts) are more than happy to help, even with the simplest problems!

Well done community experts
    George
    Home | Blog

Ranjah,

look at my web site reference in my signature block.