Unanswered: Can Anyone help me with a very unusual problem with entering records in a table? PLES

Dear All,
    I am having a very, very unsual problem today. Currently I have 169 records in my client table BUT as I attempt to enter a new record, the next clientID becomes 84872582.

I never had this problem.

Any help would be much, much appreciated.
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

And is your ClientID column an AutoNumber Type? Have you added rows and cancelled the update operation (thus not completing transaction)?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Do your clients have to be incremented? If they do, then I would be doing a manual dmax + 1 to autoassign a value upon creation. If not, then why does it matter if it's some random number?
    Me.Geek = True

Hi Owen, yes, my clientID is an autonumber type and no, I had not added any new rows or cancelled the update operation. It just happened today.

Hi Nckdryr, no, my client id does not have increment. Thank you for your helps.
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

Well ... Did you have a "runaway" session? Anyone else have access to this db? A fix:

Copy the existing records into another table, purge the source table, run a C&R, them move the records back.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...