Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Upload image to server

Good day,

I have a simple site whereby I allow users to upload images to it, amongst other things which are importtant as those work.

My problem is that I cannot get it that the user of the site can upload an image to the server. I don't want to store the image in a database as I have read in many places that this is not a good idea. So my next option was to upload the file to the images folder on the server and then store the file name in a database. The storing of the file name works fine, the uploading of the image to the server not at all.

Please can some one help me. I don't have the option of installing active x controls and dll and so on on the server so a VB script or Java script I think woul dhave to be the answer but can't seem to get it right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I am not using .NET and would prefer to use classic ASP.

Simple solution. Use PureASP Upload. That is totally script based without any component to install and FREE of cost.

Check it here.

pureasp upload is great. i've been using it for years. but if you use it make sure the username that is running it typically iusr_ has write privileges to the folder you want to store the images in.