Unanswered: Pervasive and SQL 2000

Hi,

I am totally new to pervasive. I dont have any knowledge abt it.
    The scene is that i am working in sql 2000 and my DW accesses data from pervasive. Due to some reasons the pervasive server was updated. My daily extraction process failed. When checked the foloowing error we were getting the following error

[Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface][Data Record Manager]Cannot find database dictionary"

The other guy did something saying he changed the dictionary from COMPLETE to ENGLISH.

After doing so the table names which were ealier used in etl are again accessible.

This is little confusing i will try to explain it with an example.
    1) A table XYZ was existing in pervasive database.
    2) data was extracted in SQL 2000 from this table.
    3) some changes were made to the pervasive server.
    4) after that when trying to connect to pervasive this error was prompted [Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface][Data Record Manager]Cannot find database dictionary"
    5) the person who knew little of pervasive changed the dictionary from "complete" to "english" which was ealier reffered ( i dont know where it is referred)
    6) now xyz is avaliable in pervasive.
    7) but it is not avaliable in SQL 2000 when i click on "transform data task properties." build query properties.
    8) other tables are listed in the properties with "database.tablename" , but not XYZ
    9) when i go to query analyser of pervasive and give select to other tables it gives me error "no such table or object". ( for other tables)
    10) if select for table XYZ is given in pervasive query analyzer then it gives the output.

Can anybody explain me what has gone wrong in here why the difference in tables being shown in two different enviornment.

I any body replies , kindly send the same to prachin1@hotmail.com also.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Provided Answers: 4
    3) some changes were made to the pervasive server.
    Exactly what changes were made?

5) the person who knew little of pervasive changed the dictionary from "complete" to "english" which was ealier reffered ( i dont know where it is referred)
    WHere was this change made?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.