Unanswered: Error Message [Form]

I need help! I dont know how to get rid of this error message. I need the relationships to be enforced, so it will update my table. But how do i go about doing this?

The Error Message Says :

"You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in 'TblOrder'.

I have attached a JPG of my relationships..

any adivce??

Thanks in advance

The database is a for a take-away system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Relationships.JPG  

Uh yeah ... Either write out the dependent record(s) or drop the relationship between the 2 tables ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Provided Answers: 19
    M Owen's pretty much said it! You've got to do one or the other!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

what you mean by writing out the dependent records? I cant drop the relationships they have to be in place.

Quote Originally Posted by 1heng
    what you mean by writing out the dependent records? I cant drop the relationships they have to be in place.
    It means that the TblOrder record(s) needs to be written before the record you're trying to write gets written ... In your relationship you have either Cascade Update and/or Delete set with a 1 to 1 or 1 to many join ... How have you set this join? From which table to which table?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

When you see that message, Access is enforcing the referential integrity. Essentially, you are adding order details without first adding an order record. The real question is how are you entering the data? What do your forms look like?

This scenario, a one-to-many relationship (one order many order details/dishes), is an ideal scenario for a main form (Order information) with an embedded subform (Order Details). When you set this up and you properly link the main form and subform, Access does a pretty good job of handling the updates properly.

Thanks guys i solved the problem. Much appreciated