Unanswered: Engine wiht Transactions & Fulltext support

I see so many storage engines for MySQL: MyISAM, InnoDB, Heap, Federated, Archive, Blackhole - and now the new Falcon. I'm looking for an engine that supports transactions and fulltext indexing/search or an engine that is going to support these in the nearest future.

Please advise...

Provided Answers: 59
    potetnailly a tricky one

there is a kludgey work around that ive used before
    keep all the trasactional stuff in INNODB tables, and have the stuff you want tyo use a full text index on in a MyISAM table with a one to one link to the relevant record in the parent INNODB table
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Yes, I'm currently using this approach.

Is Falcon going to have fulltext support in the near future so I can switch to Falcon from InnoDB?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    who knows what may or may not occur in the future. The reality is that in the software industry you can only make assessments on what is right here right now, or what is demnstrably coming real soon now.

As an industry we have seen to much vapourware. so as far as Im concerned untill such time as the product is actually launched it doens exist, especailly when they is a perfectly effective workaround. its a bit like selling a house int he UK.. to me its not a sale untill the cleared funds have actually reched your account.. before then its just talk

so mebbe Falcon may be 'the' way forward, but right now it doesn't exist as a practival solution to current design and development problems
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton