Unanswered: Apps accessing DB2 for Win Hanging

I developed a bit of a problem with DB2 UDB v7.1 (out of support I know) on W2K the past few days. All has been running great until Monday morning. All of our applications that access any databases and tables hang. Sometimes they will get a bit farther than other times, but not very far. This happens even when there is only one instance of a program running. We have no problems accessing the databases with ODBC. And we can run SQL queries from the DB2 Client. I've run db2dart and the report file is clean. Our apps are developed with VisualAge Generator and compiled with C++. They access DB2 natively. Here's what I've tried so far. Restored the Windows directory (I had applied some MS patches over the weekend and thought that
    might have caused the problem). Did an offline backup of the database and restored it.

Provided Answers: 5
    You are going to have to determine where in the applications it is hanging. It may not even be when it is trying to access the DB. Only if you can 100% confirm that it is the DB that is causing the problem, should you consider looking at the DB server. It could be any number of things beside the DB server. Like the network, the application, etc. FIgure out what the application is trying to do when it hangs before you proceed.

Andy

We are in the process of trying to determine if this is just happening with one of our databases or all of them. I'm seeing these entries in the db2diag.log.

2007-02-28-08.08.29.248000 InstanceB2 Node:000
    PID:2168(db2syscs.exe) TID:3784 Appid:*LOCAL.DB2.070228140755
    buffer_pool_services sqlbIsContInRange Probe:541 Database:PROD1

sqlbKeepPagesPinned: max fixed pages hit, performance may not be optimal!
    0000 0000

This turned out to be a problem with a looping application.