Unanswered: foxbase does not print in XP

I recently converted from Windows 98 to Windows XP and have an old Foxbase+ program. It runs fine except that it no can print. Has anybody
    had this problem?

Jamesw1833

Hi,
    I have the same problem converting my VDBase programs to the XP platform. Check out my problem listed in the thread above and see the steps I took to try and get it to print. Those steps might work for you. If you get any other suggestions please let me know.

try capturing the printer port with the NET USE command

check here for more info
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314499

of course this is assuming you are on a network printer.. If it is local printer try disabling the spooler from the printer properties.. Is the printer on a parallel port?? you will have to provide more info on this..
    Last edited by gguerra3; 03-15-07 at 13:46.

Not printing in XP

Sorry but I am not on a network. I did look at some of the MS knowledge base data that you referenced but the DEVCON.exc is way beyond my abillity.
    I'm afraid I would really get into serious trouble trying that approach. I'll just look around and see if there are any other suggestions. Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by jstack2000
    Sorry but I am not on a network. I did look at some of the MS knowledge base data that you referenced but the DEVCON.exc is way beyond my abillity.
    I'm afraid I would really get into serious trouble trying that approach. I'll just look around and see if there are any other suggestions. Thanks for your time.
    Just visit foxbase.org and take a look at the page 'FoxBase & Windows 2000/XP/Vista' under the Information section.