Unanswered: SQL1092N "XXXX " does not have the authority to perform the requested command.

Hello,

I am running DB2 8.2.5 on Windows XP SP2 Workstation. After Installing DB2 first time, it worked fine for few days and one day it stopped working and started giving "SQL1092N "XXXX " does not have the authority to perform the requested command." error. I didn't change any parameter, configuration, etc... I don't know how it stopped working without changing anything.

Then I reinstall db2, but still facing same problem.

I am using Domain login which is having admin rights (User is added in local Administrators group). I have created local user with same name as domain user name and having same admin rights.

When it was working, sysadm_group was null, i tried to change it by create new group and updating sysadm_group with it, updating administrators group in sysadm_group, but still it is not working. I am not able to create/drop the database.

I followed the same suggestions available on this forum, but they are not working for me.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Kishor

Hi,
    it looks like the user rights are not correctly set. You didn't write what task are you executing. Maybe you don't have correct rights.

Just try the following:
    1. create new Windows user group, something like sysdb2.
    2. define usergroup to your user (Windows task)
    3. update all db2 sys-groups:
    UPDATE DBM CFG USING SYSADM_GROUP SYSDB2
    UPDATE DBM CFG USING SYSCTRL_GROUP SYSDB2
    UPDATE DBM CFG USING SYSMAINT_GROUP SYSDB2
    UPDATE DBM CFG USING SYSMON_GROUP SYSDB2

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Hello Grofaty,

I tried those commands also, but getting same error while drop/create db.

Any other hint?

Thanks for reply.

Kishor

Hi,
    did you stop the instance (stopping db2 service - or just reboot Windows)?

Have you tried installing some fixpacks? Don't know if helps, but I could if some bug is there...
    Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

Please give us an example of the statement/command that failed. I'd say that something changed in your DB2 system or your environment so that this error is raised now.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Hello,

I do suspect that some thing is changed on my system(OS), otherwise it would not stop working without making any changes in DB2.

I am firing commands like "create db <dbname>/drop db <dbname>"
    When it was working fine, i had created few databases, and when it stopped working, I reinstalled the DB2 application and cataloged the old DB's with same instance name, which means I have authority to catalog a db, but not create.

For more hints, I have stopped autostart of some of services on my system, so now they are not starting automatically. I did it from Administrative Tools->Services or services.msc.
    Does DB2 need any specific service to be running for authorization apart from DB2 Services?

Thanks for the help.

Kishor

You must have SYSADM or SYSCTRL authorization in order to create a database. Therefore, you should verify that (a) the correct group is set in the DBM CFG for SYSADM_GROUP and SYSCTRL_GROUP, and (b) verify that the user id that you use to issue the commands belongs to one of those groups. Verify the currently active group using "db2 get dbm cfg show detail". If the delayed value deviates from the current value, then you have to restart DB2.
    Knut Stolze

Somewhere on this forum I read that if you are in local Administrators group, then DB2 automatically identifies the authority.
    But Still
    1. I had created a new group called db2adm, and added my Domain user into this group. This didn't worked.
    2. Created new local user with same name as Domain user and added that user too in db2adm group. This also didn't worked.
    3. Both users are added in Local Security Policy in Administrative Tools, Still not working.

Thanks,

Kishor

Somewhere on this forum I read that if you are in local Administrators group, then DB2 automatically identifies the authority.
    But Still
    1. I had created a new group called db2adm, and added my Domain user into this group. This didn't worked.
    2. Created new local user with same name as Domain user and added that user too in db2adm group. This also didn't worked.
    3. Both users are added in Local Security Policy in Administrative Tools, Still not working.

Thanks,

Kishor

Hello All,

I am able to resolve the problem by changing DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=LOCAL to db2set DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=,TOKEN, Now i am able to drop/create the db.

Can someone please explain me the meaning of
    DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=LOCAL
    DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=DOMAIN
    DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=TOKEN
    DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=TOKENLOCAL
    DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=TOKENDOMAIN
    DB2_GRP_LOOKUP=null

Thanks,

Kishor

Knut Stolze