Thread: Subform Problem

Unanswered: Subform Problem

Hi guys,

I have created a take - away database.

In my main form i have 2 other subforms.

1 which allows me to select the variety of different dishes and the other to calculate the bill.

On the bill form i have created a button which is based on a macro which requeries in order to calculate the total price of the order. However, the problem i am experiencing is that when i create a new order, this subform disappears..?

Any Ideas..

Every time you open the form, set a Load event to make sure the subforms are visible. You can also set this on a button click.

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.Subform1.Visible = True
    Me.Subform2.Visible = True
    End Sub

If that doesn't work load the subform source object on load event as well.

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.Subform1.SourceObject = "frmsubform1"
    Me.Subform2.SourceObject = "frmsubform2"
    Me.Subform1.Visible = True
    Me.Subform2.Visible = True
    End Sub

Either method don't work =/.. the subfrm can be seen if the order is already processed. However, for a new order the subfrm cannot be seen since there is no order. And i cannot calculate the total price since my calculate button is within the hidden form.

When trying to create a button in my main frm requerying the field in the hidden subfrm it won't process. Error message is experienced

"cannot find specified field" =/.

Hope this makes helps.

When creating a new order, make sure you add a new record first, then requery the subforms so they display. Either that, or you can use the datasheet mode, but the caculate will not caculate unless there are records.

I understand that i must enter the record first, but i cannot re-query the form, since the button is within the hidden form. When trying to re-query the form from my main form by assigning a macro, it displays a message "cannot find current field." Also when using the datasheet view my buttons cannot be displayed.

Never put Actions on subforms that are dependancies. This is how I would address the problem

Save the Parent Record ensuring the the record is written away
    On the Parent Form - Requery the Name of the subform(s) (Properties information of the Subform).
    Then address the fields you wish to requery.