Unanswered: Monitoring Tools

Hi,

We are evaluating proactive monitoring tools for our heterogeneous database environment, currently comprising of Sybase and MS SQL Server.

Our current options are Bradmark Surveillance, Quest Foglight/Spotlight, MOM (SQL Server only) & Embarcadero Performance Center.

Are there any recommended tools from your experience? Or any tools with with you have had bad experience?

Tia.

Hi Tia,
    Have you received any feedback on this matter? I am also trying to compare these monitoring tools. I am especially interested in Bradmark Surveillance, Embarcadero and also White Sands.

Embarcadero DBOptimizer

There is a performance monitoring tool from Embarcadero called DBOptimizer: find and fix the problem.

Form their site I found: Embarcadero DB Optimizer maximizes database and application performance by enabling DBAs and developers to quickly discover, diagnose, and optimize poor-performing SQL. DB Optimizer eliminates performance bottlenecks by identifying data intensive or frequently executed queries, focusing on specific SQL statements through query statistics (CPU, I/O, wait times), and fine-tuning problematic statements.

This is where you can find more: Database Software for SQL Optimization | DB Optimizer

Catalin