Exclamation Unanswered: Help! Can't Access Database After Office Re-install.

Hi guys,

I have a weird problem that i hope you guys can help with.
    I recently had virus on my work PC and had the PC formatted and everything re-installed from scartch. I was originally on MS Windows 2000 but now have Windows XP installed. I have both Access 97 & 2000 installed, as was the case before my PC got formatted.
    Before my PC had been formatted, i had created an application within Access 2000. This worked fine. Once i got my PC formatted, i can no longer run the application on my system. When i click on the DB, Access 2000 opens & the mouse pointer turns into the hourglass but nothing happens, Nothing loads up, no sounds are made & no messages appear. The database works fine on other machines and was working fine on my PC before. I have all the latest updates for XP & Office.
    Also, when i try to open the master copy of the application (uncompiled version with no startup settings), i can open the database as normal. BUT when i try to get into the VB editor, the application halts and nothing loads up. I can't de-compile the database either as the same thing happens when i try this.
    I have tried re-installing office 2000 & removing access 97 but this does not help.
    I have other Access 2000 databases on my system that work fine. Also, i have found another user with a PC which has the same problem, where the Access DB can't open. Like i said, most users can access the DB fine but it is just a couple of PCs where this problem occurs.

Any ideas what might be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Shuja.

well, i'm kind of grasping at straws here, but Have you checked all the reference libraries?
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

One thing to check, which was loaded first, Access 97 or Access 2000? For Access to work correctly, you MUST load the oldest version first. If you don't remember, or don't know for sure, I would suggest you uninstall both, and then load 97, then 2000. If it still doesn't work, let us know and we will keep trying. And yes, I have see this behavior before and this was the problem.

Exclamation Help! Can't Access Database After Office Re-install.

Hi guys,

I have checked on a PC that has the application working fine. This PC currently has Access 2003. The application was created in Access 2000 so should work with this.

I have noticed a difference in the references between the PC that has it working and the one that has errors:
    The one that works has 'MS Access 11.0 Object library' And 'MS Windows Common controls 2.6 (SP4).
    The system it doesn't work on has 'MS Access 9.0 Object library' and no common controls reference library selected.

Do you think this might be the problem? If so, how can i download these libraries and install them?

Also, I had tried to uninstall Access 2000 and then re-install it while Access 97 was still installed. So i had had access 97 installed first before i installed Access 2000. Whether i need to do that from scatch is another matter. Both of the versions seemed to operate fine.

Regards,

Shuja.