Thread: Access 97?

Unanswered: Access 97?

Please help. I own a bail bond company. My database program is called BondsPlus, it was designed by a company called Logicorp of Jacksonville, in 1997. It was designed out of Access 97. I think. The company is out of business and I can not track down any of their designers. I think they are dead. I simply want to be able to open my databse in a raw spread sheet manner and extract my information into a new or updated program. I can not though, it is very protected. It uses security keys, that go into the parrellel port, a black one on the server and yellow ones on the servers. I have called several computer smart people out and have no clue what to do. Any suggestions. THe program is very outdated and I simply need my info to move to another program. Help. Thanks.

If the data is Access 97, then you may be able to open a new Access database (97 or newer) and link to the tables in your program. This let's you get to the data, but none of the "program" (queries, forems, reports, etc.)

In general, Access is not a particularly secure format, no matter how crafty the programmers get.

good luck,
    tc

Tried that

I tried that it didnt work. it said access denied, do not have read write perm. Isnt there a program that I can use that strips all of the programming security out. This is crazy, the company is defunct and no one know how to work their program.

Is there one password? Or does each user have a password?

password

each user has a password. However there is master password of new owner, but that still will not let me in.