Unanswered: BIND Failed because of Unicode DBRM

Hi all,

Can we bind the DBRM created on V8 into a PLAN on db2 V7.
    I know if we create the DBRM with NEWFUN(NO) it creates the DBRM in EBCDIC format which should be compatible to bind on DB2 V7. But DBRM'S contain a Release indicator in the first record. I think may be that is avoid us from binding. The error message am gettting is very much similar to the one explaind in the below link. http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21215995

Can i conclude that, we cannot bind the DBRM created(on V8) into plan on db2 V7. I may be wrong please correct me
    Vinay,

Quote Originally Posted by vini_srcna
    Can we bind the DBRM created on V8 into a PLAN on db2 V7?
    No; you have to use the version 7 precompiler to create a DBRM which version 7 BIND will accept.
    (You could try to "patch" the DBRM by changing the L into K; I never tried this so I cannot predict the success or failure ... Apart from that, I see no reason why a (patched) version 8 DBRM in EBCDIC should not be correctly readable by a version 7 BIND.)
    --_Peter Vanroose,
    __IBM Certified Database Administrator, DB2 9 for z/OS
    __IBM Certified Application Developer
    __ABIS Training and Consulting
    __http://www.abis.be/

Well, I had to research on this for few hours.

I produced DBRM on V8 and the indicator was L. I xmitted that to V7 and tried binding that. It was success. I dont know why other people are not able to do that.

I tried changing the indicator to Z - It said,
    DSNT208I -DB2X PROGRAM XXXXXX PRECOMPILED WITH INCORRECT LEVEL FOR
    THIS RELEASE
    DSNT201I -DB2X BIND FOR PLAN XXXXXX NOT SUCCESSFUL

IBM manuals says that the DBRM'S generated with NEWFUN(NO) on V8 in CM mode can be bound on V7. But i have heard many times that it is not possible. Today i got a chance to try that and it works absolutely fine.
    Vinay,