Unanswered: VDB 5.5 printing in XP with USB Printer

Hi, I have been working on a new application in VDB 5.5 on a Window XP platform. My printer is on a USB port. This is the first time I have tried to print on this platform. I previously had a parrallel printer on LPT1 with no problems. The Program editor as no problem printing my text file etc. However when I try to program a print sequence using "@ 10,10 say 'test' " I cannot get to the printer. I have gone (through the Control Panel) into the profile of the printer and set it to sharing. Then I have set a port (enabled by checking) to LPT2. (LPT1 doesn't work at all). Now when I try my little test program I use SET PRNTER TO LPT2 and I get a page printed out except the 4 character printed are not 'test' but are horizontal and verticle graphical characters.
    Any suggestions on what to try next?

Printing Problem solved

I have found out my problem with Printing. The solution that I got on the forum solved the access to the printer, however the printer was using the WP Box Drawing font. I went into Control Panel and then into font and found all the fonts listed. I deleted all the WP fonts that were not English based and now my reports print out properly. The font that is being used is not my favorite but it will do. How can I select a different font?