Payment
    _______

Payment_ID
    Video_ID
    StartDate
    EndDate
    Charges
    Status

- The registration table will contain the details of the video owner.

- The video table will hold the details of the video uploaded by the owner

- The statistic table will keep track when a video is viewed by the public. Also from the statistic table I can keep track of how many times a video is viewed in a month based on the number of entries (videoid, datetime).

Problem: Payment table for Attribute: StartDate, EndDate

The owner of the video has to make payments every month. How can I implement this in my database design.

Your help is kindly appreciated.

Regards.

I think a DFD is needed here...
    How does your Payments table link with the owner of the video?
    George
    Home | Blog

There are two fields: Video_ID and Registration_ID. They are all related.

Quote Originally Posted by solomon13000
    Payment
    _______

Payment_ID
    Video_ID
    StartDate
    EndDate
    Charges
    Status

The owner of the video has to make payments every month. How can I implement this in my database design.
    I'm guessing you need to record the payments? In your payments table, a simple flag for "PayedYN" might do? "Has this payment been made?" tick yes or no...
    Any good?
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    I'm guessing you need to record the payments? In your payments table, a simple flag for "PayedYN" might do? "Has this payment been made?" tick yes or no...
    Any good?
    in the ordinary course of things, yes it should do.. however you may need to cater for partial payments, credits & debits. A customer may have an account which they make payments independently of the actual transaction. Eg they may be part of a monthly club, they may pay monthly (in advance or at the end of the month).. arguably they may make a purchase but no have sufficient funds to cover the account. if your real world situation requires that then you probably need a mechanism to allow this to be accounted for so the till balances and the end of the shift/day.

like beauty... its in the eye of the beholder, sometimes you don't need such complications, sometimes you do, sometimes the customers omits such detail and then springs them on you at the last minute. I had a customer a while ago who despite what I though was a pretty good discovery when it came to beta test he was indignant that the new system couldn't support a customer reqrds/bonus scheme that he introduced the previous month, despite him considering introducing a Tesco Clubcard like system for over a year he forgot to mention it 6 months earlier at the discovery meeting.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton