Unanswered: Make a copy of SQL Server database

I'm trying to make a copy of our 2005 SQL Server production database (25 meg) so we can install it in a new office being set up in another state. I have right clicked on the database I want to copy, selected Tasks, then option Copy Database... I'm trying to put the copy on the same server, and I am doing this work signed into the Management Studio as "sa" The wizard creates 5 steps, the first 4 run ok, then the 5th step runs for 10 to 20 seconds, then quits. The message says to look in the log on the server for the reason it quit. The only log I can find is the Error Logs at the bottom of the Object Explorer window. I look into the current log, then select the SQL Server log, the current one. There is only one line in here about the copy I just tried, and it only says "Starting up database XXXXXXXX" which is the database I'm trying to create through the copy process. Within Database Mail, SQL Agent, and Windows NT log lines, I can not find any reference to the copy job that just bombed.

Needless to say, I'm VERY new to all of this SQL Server admin stuff. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would really help!

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 6
    make a backup and restore it to your new server.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Make a copy_only backup. Documentation is available at MSDN.