Red face Unanswered: SQL Express connection string !!

Hello everybody
    Im writing an application in VB6 (with sp5) and using SQL Express 2005 for database. I need to run this application over the network with clients working on Winxp and Win98 also.

I've used the connection string as

con.connectionstring = "Driver={SQL Server};Server=Factory;Database=Production;Trueste _Connection=yes;"
    con.open

This works fine the the host system(where the SQL express is installed) but if i try to run the applicatoin from a network PC, running on Windows 98, Im getting an error
    "Login failed for user '' Factory/Guest"

When i Change the connection string to use User id and password of SQL Logins , (The user is set 'Public' as DB Role membership in SQL Express for the Production database)

con.connectionstring = "Driver={SQL Server};Server=Factory;Database=Production;UID = dbUser PWD=Pass;"
    con.open

I'm getting an error : The user is not associated with a Trusted SQL Server Connection

How can i resolve this problem,

please suggest some remedy...
    thanks in advance...

regards:

one problem I see is that you have a typo in your connection string. It should be Trusted_Connection, not "Trueste _Connection"

Unhappy SQL connection over network

thanks for detecting typegraphic error.. but i've actually used Trusted_Connecton=yes;

Any solutions..

regards:

Provided Answers: 11
    Sounds like the database and client machine may not be in the same domain (Workgroup does not count, I think). Also, SQL Server installs with Windows Authentication only by default. If you change the authentication mode on SQL Express to Mixed, you should be able to log in with the SQL Server userID and password.