Unanswered: Long running Query

All-

I am trying to find out a long running job on the database .
    But as i am new to informix , i need some help in tracting that thread.

Can some one help about waht commands i should use to find out a long running job .

thanks

Hi,

Is your server UNIX based? Then here's a script I once made to check out the currently most consuming sessions in IDS.
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash                                                                    

w | sed -n '1p'                                                                
    echo                                                                           
    onstat -u|awk '                                                                
    BEGIN   {                                                                      
                file = substr(ARGV[1], index(ARGV[1], "=")+1)                      
                file = file "/" substr(ARGV[2], index(ARGV[1], "=")+1) ".hlp"      
                while(getline prev[++j] < file > 0) {}
            }                                                                      
    NR==2   {printf("%s\n", substr($0, 1, (i = index($0, "days")) > 0 ? i+3 : 80))}
    NR==3   {for(i = 0; i < 80; i++) printf("%c", "=")}                            
    NR==5   {printf("%s\n", $0)}                                                   
            {                                                                      
                if (NR > 5 && NF > 9)                                              
                {                                                                  
                    line[++y] = $1 " " $3 " " $9 " " $10                             
                    for(i = 1; i <= j; i++)                                        
                        if(line[y] == prev[i])                                     
                            break                                                  
                        else if(i == j)                                             
                            print $0                                           
                        else                                                   
                            continue                                           
                }                                                                  
            }                                                                      
    END     {                                                                      
                for(i = 1; i <= y; i++)                                            
                    print line[i] > file                                           
                print                                                              
            }' v=$HOME f=`basename $0`
    It makes use of the Informix utility 'onstat -u' to monitor the active usersessions in the database and displays a list of active sessions that were not existing the previous time the script was run or whose nreads or nwrites have changed since then. It stores a helpfile in the users $HOME for comparisson of the active sessions with the one's in the next run and it's designed for use with IDS 7.x / 9.x under Linux. A few alterations might be needed for use with other UNIX flavours.
    With the 'sessid' number in the third column of the output you can further investigate a particular session with e.g. 'onstat -g ses sessid' or 'onstat -g sql sessid'.
    Last edited by Tyveleyn; 03-27-07 at 19:02.